<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

The Reagan Legacy

Sunday, June 06, 2004
My usual Sunday wrap-up was somewhat sidelined due to the day-long tribute to the Great Communicator. I'll admit to being conflicted. On the one hand, I have long criticized Reagan's policies, and am uncomfortable with all the glowing commentary. On the other hand, it seems in poor taste to beat up on the dead. So I'll restrict myself to pointing out the over-the-top sentimentalism of the press corps at every "tragic" event (do they know what the word tragedy actually means?). And I'm also waiting eagerly for efforts by the Republicans to capitalize on the death of their fallen leader. Oh, but they'd never do anything that crass, would they?

Of course not. Not them.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 11:05 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink