Sunday, June 19, 2005Just in case you haven't been paying attention, our Great Leader and his cronies have a political platform that contains the following priorities:
1) Iraq is just fine
They're just grunts, right?
2) The Federal Court system needs to be destroyed
Time to overturn that pesky Constitution!
3) Torture is patriotic
And anyone who says differently is un-American!
4) Teenage girls must be tested for pregnancy
'Cause they can't be trusted not to have an abortion, y'know.
5) Respecting your wife's wishes results in persecution..uh prosecution
Brought to you by the Family Party
6) We should borrow billions to create private accounts
Which means that people who are young now will be paying off huge federal debts when they
retire to pay for a program designed to enhance retirement savings. Circular much?
7) 16-year old Bangladeshi immigrants are a threat to national security.
Evidence? What evidence? We don't need no stinkin' evidence!
8) Credit cards companies should be able to lose your information to hackers, but you still have to pay for it!
I have nothing to add to this. It speaks for itself.
All of this has had a predictable result: Bush & Co.'s numbers are falling like a rock. Better late than ever, I suppose.