Friday, September 30, 2005My wife Dr. Brazen Hussy suggested I write one of these, so here goes.....
Seven Things That Might Surprise You About Me
1. I can't drive a car. Sure I have a license (which I got when I was 28), but I've only done so a couple of times. Under supervision. Careful supervision.
2. I love studying war. I think it's fascinating. Board games, computer games, books on strategic theory, military history, you name it. It drives my wife insane.
3. I'm petrified of needles. They've given me the heebie-jeebies ever since I was a kid. I cover up my eyes when I see them in movies. I've never had the guts to donate blood, but now I don't have to feel guilty because I've had malaria.
4. My wife and I met when we were in high school. No kidding - we were really high school sweethearts. We broke up for 10 years before we got back together and got married. It's like something out of a movie.
5. I have totally retro musical tastes. The Beatles, the Doors, the Stones, Cream. My wife calls it "Dad Rock." I call what she listens to "crap."
6. I'm a hopeless romantic. I watch romantic comedies, hate books where the guy doesn't get the girl, and am addicted to the Gilmore Girls. Yeah, that makes me kind of gay. What are you going to do about it?!
7. I hate porn. I think it's icky. No I'm not writing this for my wife's benefit. I finally went cruising on the internet to see what all the fuss was about and was more than a little disturbed.