<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Quaking In Their Boots

Thursday, December 29, 2005
Hope everyone had a lovely Holiday. I spent it in Atlanta with my in-laws (don't worry -they're nice). I spent several days in one of the reddest of red areas - Atlanta suburbs and exurbs. I can rant about sprawl another time. Instead I just want to mention that there is a lot of unease in Redland over these illegal wiretaps. From the conversations I had, middle class white males in Southern exurbs - something like a 90% Republican constituency - was experiencing some serious cognative dissonance. Whenever the issue came up, the response ranged from a shifting of the seat & visible disappointment to open statements of outrage and betrayal: "I support President Bush, but..."

It is the civil liberties angle that has these people upset. And it is up to us to keep reminding them.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 7:37 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink