<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Well crap.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
So about that job interview I was so excited about? Well I got an email from them today, and it wasn't good news. They went with someone more experienced.

What's even more depressing is that I'm out of gin. Just when I need it most!
Posted by Arbitrista @ 4:25 PM
9 Comments:
  • Oh Publius - I'm so sorry. Experience is totally overrated. I keep trying to get a little job at Borders - but I have no retail experience. But hell, I like books - I basically live at Borders ... what more do they need?

    If I had a job, I'd hire you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:58 PM  
  • Bummer -- at least they got back with you.

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 9:03 PM  
  • Dude! An EMAIL??? They didn't have the cojones to call? You probably just got saved from some serious hell!

    Maybe some more 'fireworks' could help...

    By Blogger Cliffynator, at 10:02 PM  
  • Oh, I'm sorry Publius. They are clearly very bad people, who you probably wouldn't have liked anyway.

    By Blogger Margaret, at 10:51 PM  
  • Yuck! That sucks.

    I think shrinky should get a job so that you could go and work for her. I bet she'd be a great boss.

    By Blogger sheepish, at 10:10 AM  
  • So sorry to hear about this. Expierence is totally overrated.

    Sending the FU letter by email is so lame!!!

    Don't worry, you will find somehting that will appreciate your talents!!!

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 1:41 PM  
  • Thanks everybody. They ended up hiring someone internally - which means that I never really had a chance at all. I wish they wouldn't put on such a charade if they'd already made up their mind.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 2:45 PM  
  • They sent you an EMAIL?! How lame is that!

    Hope you got your gin. You can always get yourself a Brazen Hussy :)

    By Blogger Penguin, at 7:35 PM  
  • We got some bourbon and drank mint julips. Even better.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 9:51 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink