<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Things Just Keep Getting Better and Better

Saturday, September 09, 2006
If you aren't interested in hearing me wallow, move along.

I had two interviews for jobs in the last week or so. And I found out today that I wasn't getting either of them. These were crappy part-time jobs, by the way.

So I'm looking at:

1) keep applying and hope for the best
2) Get a really shitty job in food or retail
3) Look for a job in a town that would require a long commute
4) Mope

Right now I'm focusing on option four.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 12:02 AM
8 Comments:
  • I hear ya brother....I'm thinking it is a plot to keep good people down....

    By Blogger Weezy, at 12:15 AM  
  • Go for it. Between that and Brazen being gone, you could probably use a nice prolonged weekend mope. Then, maybe by Sunday, you'll feel up to trying number 1 again. I'd give it at least a little longer before moving on to 2 or 3. Wishing you the very best of luck with that.

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 1:37 AM  
  • You too? I am in the same situation. And my list is pretty much the same as yours. Moping is pretty much all I've done today, despite the fact that it's totally getting in the way of my attempts to pack up my apartment and move by Sunday. So I'm totally with you and Weezy. What the hell is wrong with people?

    Anyway - that's a bummer. I'm sorry, Publius. I hope you manage to have some fun this weekend.

    By Blogger betty, at 3:19 AM  
  • Man... I'm sorry. Maybe it will take more months to find the right fit, but it sounds like an extremely frustrating process. (If it helps at all, I'm totally jealous that you and Brazen live in the same location. I'd like to live anywhere near my significant other. That'd be cool.)

    By Blogger BrightStar (B*), at 9:19 AM  
  • Thanks guys. I feel slightly better this morning. Slightly.

    Brightstar: Actually Brazen and I's entire courtship and 1st year of marriage were carried on at long distance. So I can sympathize. It's just not fun at all, is it?

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 9:38 AM  
  • Dude, that sucks. Go ahead and lick your wounds and give 'em hell next week.

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 10:48 AM  
  • I can SO relate. If I had a dollar for every job I've applied for over the last 4 months, I wouldn't need a job!

    Option 4 seems like a winner to me!

    By Blogger Penguin, at 1:27 PM  
  • Oh! I hadn't realized you were apart for that long.

    I'm glad you're feeling slightly better. Moping sometimes can be good, too.

    By Blogger BrightStar (B*), at 3:09 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink