<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

A Personal Announcement

Wednesday, November 15, 2006
I just want to say that the people I work with at my new job are all really really nice. As such I am running out of targets towards which to vent my ingrained hostility, particularly since my wife is extremely tired of hearing about politics. This is a problem more difficult to solve than it would appear. But it certainly is a nice dilemma to have.

You may now return to your lives.

Thank you.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 11:46 AM
6 Comments:
  • Let me get this straight: You have grown so accustomed to being angry (justifiably) about politics, and being angry about work, that now, when things are improving, you have trouble shifting gears and actually being happy?! It is a nice dilemma to be in, but it shows how little can be gained when one approaches the world only from the perspective of hostility, anger and rage. If your enemies define you, what happens when your enemies no longer exist?

    By Blogger Marriah, at 1:33 PM  
  • It was a joke, dude!

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 2:14 PM  
  • We all need someone to rage against- It keeps things so nice and tidy!

    By Blogger Weezy, at 5:01 PM  
  • I face a similar issue at work. I tend to ramble on about nonsense (today it was seguay's, jet packs, etc.) and am greeted by blank stares from my co-workers. I interpret this as them not getting it, so I continue to ramble in hopes they hop on board, until the looks continue for so long that I give up.

    I have saturated everyone I know with my senseless ramblings and it has lost its effect. I have no one to ramble on to about nonsense any more. It en-saddens me.

    A seguay would make me less sad. I saw a fleet of them at the hotel over the weekend. A man asked if the one white seguay was faster than the 6 or 7 black ones. The seguay captain said no. Then handed out helmets. I overheard a rule being put into action that you can smoke on a seguay, just not a cigar. After this I went to get a small glass (plastic dixie cup actually) of lemon water. Which I drank on the way to the elevator.

    By Blogger Jesse, at 11:15 PM  
  • I'm happy to see that your new job is going well.

    I'm sure some opportunity to vent will show up sooner or later... you are probably in a happy little haze with all the Dem's victories last week.

    By Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory, at 11:48 PM  
  • True.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 4:32 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink