<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

That Was Fun

Wednesday, November 08, 2006
I had a (very) long day yesterday, but it was worth it. I doubled my targets. with 145 Democratic votes in my precinct (to 37 for the Republicans)- there was obviously a real tide running. I was at party headquarters when they announced the House for the Dems, and because Brazen Hussy called me from home so quickly I was able to announce the news to wild cheering. It was one of the best moments in my life! (Thanks, honey!) All of this is even more satisfying because my predictions look to be pretty much holding up - it looks like we'll probably win in Virginia and Montana, and end up with a 32-seat gain in the House and 6 in the Senate. That'll teach me never to ignore my training!

Oh, and don't pay attention to the already-developing anti-Democratic media spin. There are only a handful of newly elected Dems who can be labelled "conservative." Actually, Shuler and Ellsworth are not really that conservative - they're somewhat right wing on social issues, but they're middle of the road on economics and foreign policy. And the Democrats would have a majority without them. We have a whole slew of new liberals in the Congress, and the Senate as well (yeah Sherrod Brown!).

So everybody celebrate, and if you have time take a nap for me - because today is the first day at my new job. Good planning, Publius!
Posted by Arbitrista @ 7:50 AM
5 Comments:
  • I'd throw Casey in that list. Some of his ads were frightening-- especially on immigration issues.

    I my buzz was slightly dampened last night when Hillary was touting the return of the 'vital center' Bad Schlessinger nightmares asside, I don't think that concept ever really worked. (or I should say was a true positive for the nation)

    By Blogger Weezy, at 9:28 AM  
  • Why do you think that the vital center was so bad? It seemed pretty good compared to what succeeded it - namely the conservative domination of american politics. Not that I'm really an expert.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 3:04 PM  
  • So how was day one?

    By Blogger sheepish, at 9:07 PM  
  • It was pretty good. I'm still sorting out exactly what my job is, but everybody is pretty nice and seems to get along well. I was going to write about it when I have a clearer sense of what it consists of.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 9:10 AM  
  • Good luck on your new gig, publius!

    By Blogger Chaser, at 9:15 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink