<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Where Did Publius Go?

Monday, November 06, 2006
You may or may not have noticed that my posting and comments have been very sporadic lately. The reason is that I have been completely consumed by the Midterm elections. I was designated a precinct captain a couple of weeks ago and handed a list of names. Usually this list will have all the Democrats in the precinct on it, so all I'm supposed to do is contact them and make sure they show up on election day in order to meet my target number of voters (which is 70).

Unfortunately, my precinct is full of apartment complexes oriented to the university. It's a very transient population, with lots of people moving out every year. In other words, the list I was given was complete crap (The Republicans like to brag about their turnout operation, but since they cater to middle aged rich religious people, finding them and turning them out just isn't that hard. It's much more difficult when your consituency young, old, and poor people).

I've spent the last 2 weeks knocking on every door in the district trying to find registered voters who are Democrats. For a time I was sure it would never happen, but this morning my updated list showed - 71 voters! And I still have one day to go! It shows how crazy campaigns can make you that I am almost as happy about hitting my voter target as I was about getting a job. Wacky.

Anyway, all should return to normal by Thursday, when I should have recovered from Wednesday's hangover. No matter what happens on election day, I'm going to have a drink.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 7:48 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink