<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Boycott CNN

Thursday, January 25, 2007
Recently CNN personality used the word "faggot" on the heir and has refused to apologize for it. I hadn't really focused on the story, because I just assumed that CNN would say it was sorry, and then lean on Beck until he said he was sorry, and that would be the end of it (until Beck's next contemptible comment).

But now it turns out that CNN is actually defending Beck. This is a remarkable boneheaded move, but I don't know why I'm surprised - CNN has been a pretty boneheaded company ever since Ted Turner sold them. There's the obvious economic implications - gays will put pressure on advertisers, who will freak out and tell CNN to fire Beck or else. And of course there's the simple moral objections - CNN shouldn't support a homophobe.

For me what's particularly discouraging is CNN's flagrant disregard for the public debate. Over the last several years they have worked busily to imitate FOX News, with splashy graphics, slanted coverage, lazy reporting, and obnoxious right-wing hosts. I fell out of love with CNN a long time ago, still watched it sometimes.

Not any more. If they want to be FOX News, I will treat them accordingly. Until they fire Glenn Beck, I will never watch that channel again. Ever. I suggest you do the same.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 6:29 AM
2 Comments:
  • I am with you!

    By Blogger Chaser, at 5:18 PM  
  • CNN has been stupid for a long time.

    I generally check CNN.com to remind myself whats wrong with the american media.

    The I go read slightly less lame news elsewhere.

    By Blogger Crawlspace, at 9:05 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink