<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

I've been BSOD'd

Thursday, January 11, 2007
That's "blue screen of death" for the uninitiated. It's happened a couple of times in the last few days, after periodic clicking noises from my computer. Scary stuff. I just know I'm going to spend all weekend trying to fix it.

As God as my witness, I'll never own a PC again!
Posted by Arbitrista @ 8:09 AM
6 Comments:
  • Should've listened to your wife when she told you to buy a Mac...

    By Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy, at 10:03 AM  
  • oh no! I hope you can fix it.

    By Blogger BrightStar (B*), at 10:22 AM  
  • Mine does it all the time. Is it really that bad?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  
  • yes. It can be either a little bad or very bad. Best case scenario there's a minor error or your computer is dirty. Worst case scenario and it could stop working entirely.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 1:14 PM  
  • Macs are dumb, and freeze up as much as any other computer.

    Is it a laptop? Are you actively moving it around or causeing any vibration (i.e. working with it in your lap) when you get the clicking the crash?

    Clicking followed by a BSOD sounds like it could be a physical malfunction with your hard drive. I'd back that thing up like back-ups were going out of style. Occasionally my laptop freezes if it is trying to do something and I am moving the laptop around to much and it locks the hard drive and then gives up and freezes on me.

    Yes. Be wary.

    *This is only my opinion/speculation. I am in no way qualified to make sound hardware or software diagnosis. Use this information at your own risk, but back up that hard drive anyway, its a good thing to do.

    By Blogger Jesse, at 7:37 PM  
  • POOP!!! I hope it's only bad.

    By Blogger Chaser, at 12:26 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink