<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Sting Like A Butterfly, Float Like A Brick

Friday, January 12, 2007
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, my dissertation advisor thought I should go back and collect some more data. I started working on it and came up with an estimate of how long it would take - about 2 months, which would delay my completion date from fall of 07 to spring of 08 and probably cause my early death.

Okay, I didn't tell him the last part.

I was hoping his basic decency and consideration for the (delicate) state of my soul would bring him around to my point of view: better a half-ass dissertation today than a good one tomorrow.

No deal. Apparently my powers of persuasion leave much to be desired.

Now where's my bottle of Glenlivet?
Posted by Arbitrista @ 3:13 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink