<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

It Was Also A Great Year For Wine

Tuesday, February 13, 2007
As seen at Penguin's.

In 1974 (the year you were born)

Gerald Ford becomes president of the US

Hank Aaron hits his 715th home run to beat Babe Ruth's record

Impeachment hearings are opened against President Nixon by the House Judiciary Committee

President Nixon resigns

President Gerald Ford issues an unconditional pardon to ex-President Nixon for all federal crimes

Muhammad Ali knocks out George Foreman in the eighth round to regain the heavyweight crown in Zaire

Heiress Patty Hearst is kidnapped by and eventually joins the Symbionese Liberation Army

Dungeons & Dragons officially released

People magazine is published for the first time

Kate Moss, Alyson Hannigan, Penelope Cruz, Alanis Morissette, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Ryan Seacrest are born

Oakland Athletics win the World Series

Miami Dolphins win Superbowl VIII

Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup

Blazing Saddles is the top grossing film

All the President's Men by Bernstein and Woodward is published

"Killing Me Softly With His Song" wins Grammy for song of the year
What Happened the Year You Were Born?
Posted by Arbitrista @ 12:00 PM
7 Comments:
  • I was six years old then. Scary thing is that I remember all of that stuff!

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 1:46 PM  
  • Wow. You're OLD. :)

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 1:51 PM  
  • 1974? My parents hadn't even met yet! :P

    By Blogger comebacknikki, at 3:31 PM  
  • Wow. You're YOUNG! :(

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 5:22 PM  
  • We were born in the same year!

    (Wow, I'm awesome!)

    By Blogger BrightStar (B*), at 5:54 PM  
  • Very cool. NP on the non-link; I'm just glad you didn't forget about me. I've been hiding, sort of.
    I won't admit to how old I was in 1974. Let's just say that as hip (hep?) as I am, I'm just a tad older than you :)

    By Blogger Penguin, at 7:40 PM  
  • Wow, I'm older than you!

    Thanks for saving me from the ass tasting conversationals!

    Have a great day and I hope BrazenHussy cooked you breakfast in bed!

    By Blogger Weezy, at 9:29 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink