<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Sick and Outraged

Monday, February 05, 2007
I am home sick today with the crud that everybody seems to have. My attempts to get some medical attention this morning were a bit of an adventure. The doctor's office wasn't too bad, but it took 2 hours and as many pharmacies to get my prescriptions filled. Ah, the wonders of modern capitalism! The convenience! The speed! The wonders of consuming in this best of all possible worlds!

Before I return to my strict regimen of naps and CSPAN, I feel I must comment a statement by the Darren McKinney, President of the National Association of Manufacturers, that I read on Hullabaloo. Mr. McKinney's words have to be read to be believed - that those Americans who don't have the good fortune to be able to write $2000 checks don't deserve the right to determine our nation's political future. I attest that Mr. McKinney is an examplar of why corporations and wealthy interests' monopoly on our national debate must be broken. To put it bluntly, if anyone has demonstrated that they don't merit participation in the public debate, it is Mr. McKinney.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 2:39 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink