<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

I TOLD YOU SO!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Sometimes it's smarter to rent than buy. Which I've been saying for several years to the point of annoying everyone I talk to (well they're the ones insisting we talk about real estate!). I'm shocked that I only blogged about it once, actually.

After all the times homeowners have condescended to Brazen and I, it's wonderful to be vindicated. Ah, the glee when I read this:

It’s now clear that people who chose renting over buying in the last two years made the right move. In much of the country, including large parts of the Northeast, California, Florida and the Southwest, recent home buyers have faced higher monthly costs than renters and have lost money on their investment in the meantime. It’s almost as if they have thrown money away, an insult once reserved for renters.

Yes, we know.

Where's my address book? I need to call my relatives and gloat.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 6:36 AM
2 Comments:
  • On a whim, my wife and I looked at the prices of apartments in our neighborhood last night. I nearly choked on my cheap wine.

    I get the appeal of owning something, but for now, count me as another satisfied renter.

    By Blogger Paul Curtis, at 12:54 PM  
  • Dear God man, don't waste the wine!

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 3:19 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink