<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

I'm a bad blogger

Tuesday, June 05, 2007
And I don't care! I haven't posted since Thursday, apparently (and not so substantively even then), but so what? Brazen Hussy finally came back on Saturday! We've been having a lovely time. We even took a half-day yesterday and went to go see "Knocked Up," which was quite funny (although there were a few motivational problems - why did she keep the baby?). And then, even more fun, we re-arranged our office. If that doesn't sound like fun to you - me neither. But it looks nice now, so I suppose I'll just have to overlook the fact that I got roped into doing major reconstructive house surgery on a Monday. I finally have my camera back (Brazen absconded with it when she went to the field), so I'll try to take some pictures tonight.

I'm back forced into my usual pattern, of going to work and trying to squeeze in as much dissertation time there so I don't have to do it at home (and I can spend time with Brazen). 4 hours of diss work a day is enough, isn't it? Isn't it? Of course the fact that I can spend half the day at work doing my own thing tells you something about my job. To be honest, they either really don't need a full-time employee for this position or I'm spectacularly efficient. They seem to think it's the latter, so I won't dispel their illusions. Now it is true that I always look like I'm working......

Oh and by the way, check out this nice little piece by Al Franken on public financing of campaigns. Preach on, brother!
Posted by Arbitrista @ 8:21 AM
3 Comments:
  • Hi Arbitrista: I'm glad that you & Brazen are having a nice reunion! I was hoping you would post something about this religious discussion that some of the Dem candidates had yesterday... I heard sound bytes on NPR this morning and was disgusted. I'm so tired of politicians pandering to the religious right- it reminds me how I really have nothing in common with them (the politicians, that is!)

    By Blogger Addy N., at 10:17 AM  
  • Was this in the Debate? I didn't watch it. But I must say that it's hard sometimes to remember that most Americans are at least superficially religious. Candidates are talking to that broad middle - which unfortunately doesn't include everyone. I don't think any of them were talking to fundies - I just think they're trying to ameliorate the idea that Democrats are all atheists. It may not be right, but it isn't crazy.

    As for pandering more generally, have you never ever told someone what you thought they wanted to hear? :) I mean, I remember dating!

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 11:47 AM  
  • I say run with knowledge that you are spectacularly efficient and continue to work on you diss. Why not use the time if you have it?

    'tis great that you have a lovely time with Brazen.

    By Blogger RageyOne, at 1:45 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink