<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

"Scraping By"?

Monday, June 25, 2007
A letter posted at Salon:

My husband and I are well-educated professionals who have scraped and saved for what we have. I myself have money issues to the point of making sure that we have at least one year of living expenses in savings because I'm afraid of losing what I have.


The merits of her dilemma aside, I must say that anyone who can afford to give somebody else 5 grand and has saved a year's worth of income is not someone facing financing problems. Get some goddamn perspective, all right?
Posted by Arbitrista @ 6:38 AM
3 Comments:
  • I read the link to this woman's problem. First, having 5K in savings is incredible!

    That being said, what makes her think that giving her sister 5K will solve her problems? You don't solve money problems by throwing more money at the problen. Three are deeper issues here.

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 8:48 AM  
  • I agree, having a year's worth of living expenses is incredible!

    Also, there are many issues in her and her sisters life that money will not solve. Definitely in need of more perspective.

    By Blogger RageyOne, at 9:40 AM  
  • I think the lady is probably right to not give her sister money. That wasn't really what shocked me. It was her notion that she herself was struggling. Hah!

    Seeking Solace: It wasn't 5k in savings - it was a whole year! Her sister was just asking for 5.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 1:53 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink