<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

What I Was Always Afraid Of (Updated)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007
The scary scenario in Iraq was never civil war - this sort of low-grade conflict is in the fact the most I expected from our intervention. No, what I have feared is Iraq becoming the Flanders of the Middle East - the battleground among competing powers like the Saudis, the Turks, and the Iranians.

And it might be happening. If you trust the AP (via Think Progress), it's reporting that Turks have been crossing the border into Kurdistan. In case you're wondering, the Kurds are our best friends in Iraq, and the Turks our NATO allies. Not good. Not good at all.

Update:
Do you remember my caveat "If you trust the AP"? Well it turns out maybe we shouldn't. I should have learned my lesson by now.....
Posted by Arbitrista @ 12:36 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink