<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Long-delayed meme

Monday, July 02, 2007
Rules

* I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
* Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Random Facts

1) I didn't get a driver's license until I was in my mid-twenties
2) I can wiggle my ears (a little)
3) I am not fully related to any of my siblings (none of us have both mother and father in common) - 2 younger brothers and a younger sister
4) I have taken classes in French, Latin, Spanish, and spent 6 months immersed in Indonesia, and can't speak any of those languages. At all.
5) I can name every Senator from every state, including their party and when they were elected. I have been able to do this since I was 18.
6) I used to have long hair - like metalhead long. Nearly all pictures have been destroyed, so sorry!
7) I can almost always figure out where I've seen an actor before, but I CAN NEVER REMEMBER THEIR NAMES. This drives Brazen Hussy crazy.
8) I can diagram & explain most of the major battles in western military history up until World War I. I believe this is my most impressive and least useful skill.

I would be happy to tag someone, but everyone has already been tagged.

P.S. Gatsby is too afraid of fireworks to go outside. I am expecting to have to clean up a big big mess in the morning.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 9:53 PM
4 Comments:
  • We had a dog who was terrified of fireworks and thunder. When I was a kid we came home from fireworks and thought the house had been robbed. The dog and over turned half the stuff in the house looking for a place to hide.

    By Blogger Crawlspace, at 7:07 AM  
  • I am impressed with #8. But why did you stop at WWI? WWII had some kick ass battles!

    My previous dog was afraid of fireworks and thunderstorms. They would scare the crap out of him, literealy!

    Have you tried meds? They seemed to help.

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 9:01 AM  
  • I don't know, I think I just decided that studying 20th century warfare was trite. That and I kind of like the old set-piece battles. Lobbying artillery shells at eachother a mile away for a week/month? Boooring.

    The Ardennes maneuver in 1940 was pretty cool though.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 11:50 AM  
  • Ooh. Languages. Want to hear more about your learning attempts and why you think they didn't 'take', please. Any theories? Also need more photos of Nikita!

    By Blogger Ursa, at 9:27 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink