<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

A Question For The Internets

Monday, July 23, 2007
Brazen Hussy is out of town until Wednesday night (Boo!), and she gets to read the Harry Potter conclusion first. Now I'm not the fan she is, but I don't want anyone to ruin the ending for me. At the moment I'm re-reading the first six - I figure by the time I'm finished Brazen will have read the new one.

The problem is, how in the world do I exist for the next week without hearing critical information? How do I go to work? How do I read the news and write blogs? Do I just declare a media embargo and walk around the office with my Ipod on all the time? Or do I just give in and hear about it if I hear about it?
Posted by Arbitrista @ 8:39 AM
6 Comments:
  • I'm in a very similar situation. I'm getting my copy today from a friend who has already read it, but it's a super busy week, where I need to be focused and clear-headed, so I really can't afford to read it until next Sunday if I'm going to be a responsible person. But avoiding the spoilers is proving to be a real challenge!

    By Blogger Repressed Librarian, at 10:15 AM  
  • Other than my boss, who simply can't not talk about it endlessly and wants to tell everyone the ending, I have not seen so many spoilers around. I'd just not read anything with harry potter in the title. And out in the wild, well, do what you can to not listen.

    Oh, and I did read the thing.

    By Blogger Crawlspace, at 5:25 PM  
  • Read fast, Arbitrista!! And wear your iPod. Seriously. most people are respectful of those who have not yet finished, and are willing to stop talking if a non-finished reader is around. Can't wait to hear your review (I finished last night)

    By Blogger Canada, at 12:18 AM  
  • Well I'm only on Book 4, so it will probably be a little while until I can deliver said review. I got through all of Book 3 yesterday, but I'm obviously going to slow down quite a bit now that they're twice as long!

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 9:17 AM  
  • Oh, I dunno . . . Goblet of Fire was pretty much an all-consuming read for me!!! How's it going, avoiding all the potential "spoiler" conversations?

    By Blogger Canada, at 11:57 PM  
  • Pretty well, actually. I had a close call while surfing the internet last night, but other than that, it's been easy.

    Of course, having a Harry Potter book under my arm or on my desk at all times is a good deterrent......

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 6:30 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink