<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Does Everybody But Me Know About This?

Thursday, September 20, 2007
I didn't hear about the "Jena 6" case until the Barack Obama-Jesse Jackson flap. It's a pretty outrageous case, and what's almost as outrageous is that I didn't know about. I can't decide whether it's the fault of the media for not telling me or my own fault for not noticing.

From the little I've found, a fight broke out after a bunch of racial incidents in a small southern town. Six black boys are being tried for attempted murder for getting into a fistfight with a white kid. What the hell century is this??
Posted by Arbitrista @ 3:44 PM
3 Comments:
  • elle, phd has been writing a lot of interesting posts about the case.

    By Blogger comebacknikki, at 4:34 PM  
  • Also, there's going to be a special on CNN tonight @ 7 p.m. CST (Special Investigations Unit – Judgment in Jena).

    By Blogger comebacknikki, at 4:38 PM  
  • I only heard about it on Wednesday after a former student emailed and asked me to wear black on Thursday in support of the Jena 6. I guess NPR (where I get most of my news) had been ignoring it.

    By Blogger Addy N., at 8:26 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink