<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Terror is an excellent motivator

Thursday, October 18, 2007
Lately, I've had trouble writing blogs, or even reading them. Not because I'm not interested - but because there's no room left in my teeny little brain. I have to send a final draft of my dissertation to my advisor by March 4, which means I need to have all the chapters completed by the end of January if I'm going to finish (which would give me a month to let my committee pick it apart).

Cruel math indicates that I have 14 weeks to write the damned thing. So far I have 2 of 8 chapters written - the two easy ones. What with having a full-time job with a steadily increasing workload, it's becoming difficult to see how I get from where I am to where I'm going. I'm absolutely determined (desperate?) to finish on time, but I'm not quite sure how to pace myself - to work fast enough to do everything in time but not burn out in the process. I find myself thinking about my dissertation pretty much every minute of every day. I've even dreamed about it. I think maybe I'm going a little crazy.

So if you read any weird posts in the next few months, know that it's just my dissertation talking. The ungrateful little shit.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 7:27 PM
3 Comments:
  • So you will be part of the crew working in November--eh? We are in the same boat. I need to walk this spring too...

    Here is something fun for a 'break'

    http://gilderlehrman.org/wp/?p=15

    By Blogger Weezy, at 8:35 PM  
  • The British are coming! What a riot.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 7:37 AM  
  • The bad news is that it will get worse before it gets better. The good news is that after a while, you will cease to care about anything other than getting a draft, any draft, done by the deadline. Once that happens, you'll quit obsessing over phrasing, punctuation, articulation, etc., and the writing will go much faster.

    At least, that's what happened to me. Good luck!

    By Blogger Mad Hatter, at 10:42 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink