<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Why Don't I Care?

Monday, October 22, 2007
The Iowa Caucuses are just around the corner...and I couldn't care less.

I'm not sure whether it's my monomania about my dissertation, or the callow nature of most political coverage, or just burnout, but the Presidential election thus far seems about as exciting as curling. I made the huge mistake of watching the Sunday news shows this weekend, thinking I might learn something. Hah. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.

I'm sure that come January I'll get more interested, but at the moment nothing much seems to be happening.

Hrm. I think another problem is that, unlike the past several years, I have little influence over or involvement in any election campaigns. Maybe I'm really just a narcissist?

On the plus side, I had a lovely weekend. Friday we had the promised Oysters and Scotch. Saturday I worked on my dissertation (well, that part wasn't so lovely). Best of all, on Sunday Brazen Hussy and I hiked through some beautiful woodland in the state forest. Then she prepared a delicious steak. Mmmm. Aren't I lucky?
Posted by Arbitrista @ 4:16 PM
4 Comments:
  • You may be giving curling a bad rap. It is more interesting that the presidential stuff at the moment. At least, curling is something newer than these twits.

    Gee, do I sound jaded?

    By Blogger Belle, at 8:21 PM  
  • You may be giving curling a bad rap. It is more interesting that the presidential stuff at the moment. At least, curling is something newer than these twits.

    Gee, do I sound jaded?

    By Blogger Belle, at 8:21 PM  
  • Yikes. Didn't hit the button twice, I swear.

    By Blogger Belle, at 8:21 PM  
  • That happens to me all the time!

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 10:05 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink