<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

You Decide

Monday, October 01, 2007
So Rick Santorum is thinking about running for Governor of Pennsylvania in 2010. Ol' Ricky won a wopping 41% of the vote in 2006, losing by nearly 19 pts to Bob Casey. Pretty crazy, right? So I'm sitting there laughing, when I wonder when was the last time an incumbent Senator lost that bad. "Hmm. George McGovern in 1980, maybe?" Then I scroll through wikipedia's Senate Elections pages and look at the margins of victory - and sure enough, George McGovern is the last Senator to lose by a bigger margin (he got shellacked 58-39 by James Abdnor).

The fact that I knew this factoid made me feel really cool - for like 10 seconds. Then I thought, "Hey maybe knowing something like this actually makes me really lame."

Which is it?
Posted by Arbitrista @ 9:17 PM
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink