<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

It's All The Parents' Fault

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Via the 2007 Brookings Report "How Well are American Students Learning":

In a 1996 Gallup Poll, parents were asked to pick between the following: their oldest child being a straight-A student with only a few friends and extracurricular activities, or a C student with a lot of friends and extracurricular activities. By a two to one margin, they picked the busy, socially active C student.


I'm coining a new phrase: Parental Malpractice.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 4:16 PM
2 Comments:
  • I like that! How, can we sue????

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 5:05 PM  
  • hmmm...i gotta say, I really hate this choice. but if you asked me what I'd want for my kids? I really might pick the latter if only because getting straight A's in primary and secondary school is mostly about being obedient.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink