<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Why So Quiet?

Saturday, December 22, 2007
It might surprise my long-time readers that with such an exciting presidential race going on, I haven't been writing much. There are a couple of reasons for this.

1) My dissertation is almost done and my brain is full. I am also exhausted all the time. Are grown-ups allowed to go to bed at 8PM?

2) I really have no idea what it is going to happen, or even how to lay out plausible alternative scenarios. The only things I can say with confidence is that to have a chance, Edwards has to win Iowa and Obama has to win New Hampshire. On the Republican side, Huckabee has to win Iowa and Romney & McCain both have to win New Hampshire. I'm not to sure about Clinton, but I bet she has to win New Hampshire as well. Beyond this, I am completely bewildered. The flow of the race has changed every week and I'm through trying to make predictions.

3) I decided a long time ago to resist attacking any of the Democratic candidates, all of whom have their strong and weak points. It should be pretty clear whom I lean towards, but it's not a powerful lean. I originally planned on rebutting attacks on Democrats by Democrats, but then realized that this was a form of attack too - so I've been shutting up about it. In addition, I am extremely annoyed by the tenor of one of the candidate's campaigns recently, but I'm going to keep my word and stay mum about it.

I really can't wait until the nominations are decided and I can start attacking the Republican nominee every day.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 9:30 AM
4 Comments:
  • I'm just waiting for the nominations, too. I'll get behind the democratic nominee no matter who it is.

    I hope to God the republican nominee isn't mitt romney. He scares the crap out of me.

    and for the record, my mom has been in bed by 8:30 every night since I was about 12. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  
  • I'm much less worried about Romney than McCain. I think Romney would be torn to pieces in a general election.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 11:21 AM  
  • Sorry. McCain is definitely presidential material, while Romney could be if he would simply stop pandering to the religious right. It's Giuliani - Mr. No Due Process - who scares me the most.

    By Blogger Marriah, at 8:12 PM  
  • When I say "worried" about McCain, I'm only speaking as a Democrat who wants the election. He's easily their strongest candidate, if he can get nominated - precisely because some people are deluded enough to believe he's a man of integrity.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 9:46 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink