<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Unlikely Good News

Monday, February 25, 2008
So you might have read on Brazen Hussy's blog that my cat Loki was sick. He's more my cat than BH's (I got him before we got back together), so one might assume that I'd be the one to post about it first. Well, the fact is that I just couldn't. I don't have kids, so I don't know what it would be like to have a sick child, but from the moment I heard that Loki had a heart condition, I was sort of wreck. I'm not much of a crier, but I was pretty weepy all week.

Anyway, today we dropped Loki off at the vet. I'd convinced myself that he was dying. After all, the vet was acting like he was a goner. She said that it was very unlikely that his weird heartbeat was due to his respiratory infection. When we went to pick him up this evening, we waited forever in the vets office - I was totally freaking out. The vet came in the room, she acted stunned. It turns out that Loki's bad heart WAS because of the infection. Apparently the antibiotics are clearing up the problem. I am SO RELIEVED. I'll have Loki to put up with for a long while yet.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 8:06 PM
9 Comments:
  • I'm so glad your cat is OK. And that you're OK because the cat is OK.

    By Blogger DrOtter, at 8:50 PM  
  • Oh yay! I'm so glad. I miss that guy! I miss you guys too!

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 9:19 PM  
  • Awww, I'm glad to hear Loki is okay. :)

    By Blogger comebacknikki, at 11:38 PM  
  • so glad your cat is ok!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 AM  
  • Awesome news. I'm so glad your kitty is okay!

    By Blogger luckybuzz, at 1:32 AM  
  • Oooh, a mystery commenter. Hey Ateles, were you ever roommates with Brazen Hussy and Prairie Oyster?

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 6:50 AM  
  • So happy that she is OK.

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 9:37 AM  
  • Sorry, I mean HE!

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 9:38 AM  
  • I'm really happy that Loki is going to be just fine. I didn't know he was more yours than Dr BH's. And trust me, I know what you mean about the feeling the the pet is a child - before I had the kids, I swear I was terrified that I wouldn't love them as much as Jazz dog. I do, but I love the dog about the same as the kids (they're all my babies - and the spotted one talks back a little less!)

    By Blogger Canada, at 2:17 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink