<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Horrifying Thought Of The Day

Tuesday, March 11, 2008
I'm listening to 80's tunes on my ipod and it just occurred to me that the kid they put in my office wasn't alive when most of these songs were released.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 1:39 PM
6 Comments:
  • It's true. Kids born in 1987 are now drinking (legally). Today we have technology that we only saw in movies back in the 80's.

    I mean, look at the "Apple II E" computer we had. Do you think the kids of today could even imagine having to take out and flip the floppy disk every time they wanted to move to a new application.

    We are becoming old men. At least the iPod allows you to say with the curve.

    By Blogger Brian Snyder, at 2:44 PM  
  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 3:32 PM  
  • I was telling one of my classes about seeing Bruce Springsteen recently. A few of them had no idea who he is!

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 3:32 PM  
  • Seeking Solace: There's really only one thing you can do about their ignorance - play "Born to Run" in class. Or have them all "re-educated."

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 3:54 PM  
  • While student teaching today, my mentor teacher stated, "And knowing is half the battle," in response to a student's statement. When I chimed in, "G.I. Joe," the students looked at me as if I suddenly grown more weird than usual.

    It's a sad, sad truth that our educational system is simply not enough.

    By Blogger Coi, at 4:37 PM  
  • It was depressing enough when kids who hadn't been alive when the first Star Wars came out. It's a bitter pill to swallow!

    By Blogger Canada, at 8:16 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink