<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

No More Nightmares?

Monday, March 24, 2008
Almost every night for the last month I've had bad dreams in which I've failed my dissertation defense. Nearly every time one person was the lead actor, the head of the department who is also on my committee and is very, very picky. How have I been feeling about my defense? Dread is not the word.

Well about 10 minutes ago I got an email from said Scary Professor, who said that he really liked my dissertation. To quote:

"This is an extremely thorough and careful investigation of [the stuff I study]. It reflects an enormous amount of work on your part..."

Maybe now I can get some sleep at night.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 2:52 PM
4 Comments:
  • wonderful! all the best.

    By Blogger RageyOne, at 4:23 PM  
  • I had a dream that starred myself, the long dead family cat, and a stampede of large angry animals that turned into 3 people I know who were being mean to me for no reason.

    Congrats on the good remarks!

    By Blogger Crawlspace, at 5:51 PM  
  • Now that's a good omen if I ever saw one! What does your thesis defense entail?

    BTW, I didn't have nightmares before my thesis defense. I just spent nights lying awake and quietly freaking out. Not sure which is worse.

    By Blogger Mad Hatter, at 8:25 PM  
  • Yay!

    *happy dreams!*

    By Blogger comebacknikki, at 11:14 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink