Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING. So is looking at my last.fm feed for the last hour or so…
1. When I lay myself to sleep I pray that I don't go too deep
Lightning Hopkins by REM
2. I feel like I could run away looking at a darker day, I'm pulling the shades away from my eyes
"Some things are better left unsaid" by Hall & Oates. Yes, Hall and Oates. What of it?
"Let Go" by Frou Frou (Lost Clown)
4. I'm looking at your soul, your soul, your soul, your soul; I'm looking at your future, your future, future, future
"Empire" by Sinead O'Connor
"Family Portrait" by Peter Gabriel (Jmfelli)
"Clash City Rockers" by the Clash (Seeking Solace)
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears (Anastasia)
8. Listen everybody, especially you girls, is it right to be left alone while the one you love is never home?
"Can I Get A Witness?" by Marvin Gaye
"That Girl" by Stevie Wonder (Maggie)
"Chain of Fools" by Aretha Franklin (Marriah)
"Building a Mystery" by Sarah McLachlan (Anastasia)
"Today" by Smashing Pumpkins (Comebacknikki & sort of Brazen Hussy)
"Magic Bus" by the Who (Seeking Solace)
14. A disappointment, you shouldn't have done, you couldn't have done,
You wouldn't have done the things you did then.
"Disappointment" by the Cranberries
"Nothing Man" by Pearl Jam (LuckyBuzz)
"Heart and Shoulder" by Heater Nova (Brazen Hussy)
17. Well the stairs sound so lonely without you I ain't made my bed in a week
"Poncho's Lament" by Tom Waits
"Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics (Anastasia)
"Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield (Brazen Hussy)
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar (Anastasia) - damn the Pure 80's on my IPOD!
"Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles (Brazen Hussy)
"Authority Song" by John 'Cougar' Mellencamp (Weezy)
"Devil Inside" by INXS (Canada)
"If I Had Eyes" by Jack Johnson (Comebacknikki)
"Chelsea Hotel" by Leonard Cohen (Lost Clown)
7. Tears for Fears - Everybody wants to rule the worldBy Anastasia, at 8:11 AM
11. Sarah McLachlan -building a mystery
18. Eurythmics - sweet dreams. Or I guess it could be marilyn manson but I kind of doubt it. :)
20. Pat Benetar - Hit me with your best shot
i know the artist on 24 but not the name of the song. there are a couple others that are going to bug me, too...
16 is Heather Nova, I think it is "Heart and shoulder"By Dr. Brazen Hussy, at 11:19 AM
19 Jesse's girl, Rick Springfield
21 Walk Like an Egyptian, Bangles
12 is Smashing Pumpkins or one of those crappy 90s bands
#6.is Clash City Rocks by the ClashBy Seeking Solace, at 12:35 PM
#13 is Magic Bus by the Who
I knew Jesse's Girl (of course), and several other 80's (7, 18, 20, 21).By Canada, at 1:04 PM
And #23 - INXS - Devil Inside
Is #15 "Nothing Man" by Pearl Jam?By luckybuzz, at 1:22 PM
(And I'm happy to say I knew most of the 80s ones too!)
1, I know it's a REM song, but I can't remember which one. :(By comebacknikki, at 1:42 PM
12. Smashing Pumpkins - Today
24 Jack Johnson - If I Had Eyes
22 is Authority Song but I don't remember if he was John Cougar, John Mellencamp or John Cougar Mellencamp at that stage...By Weezy, at 3:52 PM
5. I know is Peter Gabriel, Family Portrait?By jmfelli, at 7:33 PM
#9 Stevie Wonder, "That Girl"By Maggie, at 8:40 PM
25 Leonard Cohen Chelsea HotelBy lost clown, at 12:11 AM
#3 is DRIVING ME CRAZY. ARGH
#10 Chain of Fools, Aretha FranklinBy Marriah, at 12:49 AM
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHBy lost clown, at 1:29 AM
#3: Frou Frou: is it called "Let Go"?
It's the Frou Frou song from Garden State dammit. I think (hope) that's the name.
Yes Lost Clown, it is Frou Frou's Let Go. I'm glad you figured it out. I wasn't trying to make you crazy. I'm miserably awful at this game, by the way, because I can never remember song titles to anything. I know the song after 3 beats, but I can't think of the damned name.By Arbitrista, at 5:45 AM