<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Music Meme (With Answers)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING. So is looking at my last.fm feed for the last hour or so…

1. When I lay myself to sleep I pray that I don't go too deep
Lightning Hopkins by REM

2. I feel like I could run away looking at a darker day, I'm pulling the shades away from my eyes
"Some things are better left unsaid" by Hall & Oates. Yes, Hall and Oates. What of it?


3. Drink up baby down are you in or are you out, leave your things behind cause it's all going off without you
"Let Go" by Frou Frou (Lost Clown)

4. I'm looking at your soul, your soul, your soul, your soul; I'm looking at your future, your future, future, future
"Empire" by Sinead O'Connor

5. The streets are lined with camera crews; everywhere he goes is news; today is different, today is not the same
"Family Portrait" by Peter Gabriel (Jmfelli)

6. An I wanna move the town to the clash city rockers
"Clash City Rockers" by the Clash (Seeking Solace)

7. Welcome to your life; there's no turning back
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears (Anastasia)

8. Listen everybody, especially you girls, is it right to be left alone while the one you love is never home?
"Can I Get A Witness?" by Marvin Gaye

9. That girl thinks that she's so fine that soon she'll have my mind; that girl thinks that she's so smart that soon she'll have my heart
"That Girl" by Stevie Wonder (Maggie)

10. For five long years I thought you were my man, but I found out I'm just a link in your chain
"Chain of Fools" by Aretha Franklin (Marriah)

11. You come out at night; that's when the energy comes
"Building a Mystery" by Sarah McLachlan (Anastasia)

12. Today is the greatest day I've ever known
"Today" by Smashing Pumpkins (Comebacknikki & sort of Brazen Hussy)

13. Every day I get in the queue to get on the bus that gets me to you
"Magic Bus" by the Who (Seeking Solace)

14. A disappointment, you shouldn't have done, you couldn't have done,
You wouldn't have done the things you did then.
"Disappointment" by the Cranberries

15. Once divided, nothing left to subtract
"Nothing Man" by Pearl Jam (LuckyBuzz)

16. Want to cry for you, would it do any good?
"Heart and Shoulder" by Heater Nova (Brazen Hussy)

17. Well the stairs sound so lonely without you I ain't made my bed in a week
"Poncho's Lament" by Tom Waits

18. Sweet dreams are made of these; who am I to disagree?
"Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics (Anastasia)

19. Jesse is a friend, yeah I know he's been a good friend of mine
"Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield (Brazen Hussy)

20. You're a real tough cookie with a long history
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar (Anastasia) - damn the Pure 80's on my IPOD!

21. All the old paintings on the tombs they do the sand dance don't you know
"Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles (Brazen Hussy)

22. They like to get you in a compromising position, they like to get you there and smile in your face
"Authority Song" by John 'Cougar' Mellencamp (Weezy)

23. Here comes the woman with the look in her eye
"Devil Inside" by INXS (Canada)

24. If I had eyes in the back of my head I would have told you that you looked good as I walked away
"If I Had Eyes" by Jack Johnson (Comebacknikki)

25. I remember you well in chelsea hotel
"Chelsea Hotel" by Leonard Cohen (Lost Clown)
Posted by Arbitrista @ 6:33 AM
13 Comments:
  • 7. Tears for Fears - Everybody wants to rule the world

    11. Sarah McLachlan -building a mystery

    18. Eurythmics - sweet dreams. Or I guess it could be marilyn manson but I kind of doubt it. :)

    20. Pat Benetar - Hit me with your best shot

    i know the artist on 24 but not the name of the song. there are a couple others that are going to bug me, too...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  
  • 16 is Heather Nova, I think it is "Heart and shoulder"

    19 Jesse's girl, Rick Springfield

    21 Walk Like an Egyptian, Bangles

    12 is Smashing Pumpkins or one of those crappy 90s bands

    By Blogger Dr. Brazen Hussy, at 11:19 AM  
  • #6.is Clash City Rocks by the Clash

    #13 is Magic Bus by the Who

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 12:35 PM  
  • I knew Jesse's Girl (of course), and several other 80's (7, 18, 20, 21).
    And #23 - INXS - Devil Inside

    By Blogger Canada, at 1:04 PM  
  • Is #15 "Nothing Man" by Pearl Jam?

    (And I'm happy to say I knew most of the 80s ones too!)

    By Blogger luckybuzz, at 1:22 PM  
  • 1, I know it's a REM song, but I can't remember which one. :(
    12. Smashing Pumpkins - Today
    24 Jack Johnson - If I Had Eyes

    By Blogger comebacknikki, at 1:42 PM  
  • 22 is Authority Song but I don't remember if he was John Cougar, John Mellencamp or John Cougar Mellencamp at that stage...

    By Blogger Weezy, at 3:52 PM  
  • 5. I know is Peter Gabriel, Family Portrait?

    By Blogger jmfelli, at 7:33 PM  
  • #9 Stevie Wonder, "That Girl"

    By Blogger Margaret, at 8:40 PM  
  • 25 Leonard Cohen Chelsea Hotel

    #3 is DRIVING ME CRAZY. ARGH

    By Blogger lost clown, at 12:11 AM  
  • #10 Chain of Fools, Aretha Franklin

    By Blogger Marriah, at 12:49 AM  
  • OHOHOHOHOHOHOH

    #3: Frou Frou: is it called "Let Go"?

    It's the Frou Frou song from Garden State dammit. I think (hope) that's the name.

    By Blogger lost clown, at 1:29 AM  
  • Yes Lost Clown, it is Frou Frou's Let Go. I'm glad you figured it out. I wasn't trying to make you crazy. I'm miserably awful at this game, by the way, because I can never remember song titles to anything. I know the song after 3 beats, but I can't think of the damned name.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 5:45 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink