<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

I Hope This Is Received In The Spirit In Which It Was Written

Monday, May 12, 2008
I've worked in losing campaigns. There's nothing quite like the feeling that the voters have rejected a person whom you support, in whom you've placed great hopes, sweat, money, and time. It can be devastating. When I was 20 years old I stood in a room as the results came in, with my candidate and many other good people going down to defeat. I thought of that feeling two years ago when the Democrats retook Congress - that there was probably a 20 year old enthusiast whose beliefs had been repudiated. I felt sympathy for that person, even though he and I agree on nothing. So of course I feel for those many, many people whom I agree with 99% of the time who are now experiencing something similar.

To all the Hillary Clinton supporters, men and women who have been and will be my allies in the future: thank you for your work and faith, thank you for your championing of the first (major) woman candidate in history, thank you for your determination. Your efforts have not been in vain. Although your immediate object may have been denied, your ambitions are only deferred. For now there's still a perfectly good substitute, and I'm convinced that there will be a woman president before too much longer.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 9:07 PM
1 Comments:
  • Ain't over yet. I do believe the delegate votes are not official.

    By Blogger lost clown, at 4:23 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink