<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Lit Reviews

Thursday, June 12, 2008
I am writing a paper for work right now that is a glorified lit review. I hate lit reviews. They are incredibly time consuming and have always inspired a degree of paranoia in me. I can't stop looking for more sources out of fear that I'm missing something. I never want a reader to rub his beard and raise his brow and ask "Hrm, well why didn't he cite that wonderful article by Dr. Fill-in-the-Blank and Dr. Whatshisname, 2004?" So I keep looking, and keep reading, and the stupid lit review just gets longer and longer, until the stacks of xeroxed articles and books take over my desk and I have to work in another room. And when under pressure of a deadline I finally do stop, I'm faced with a godawful mess to sort through and no time to do it in.

I thought I was through with academia. I really, really did. Stupid me.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 3:53 PM
1 Comments:
  • They do lit reviews outside of academia? Huh.

    Have fun photocopying!

    By Blogger Sisyphus, at 6:59 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink