Thursday, June 26, 2008So let me get this straight:
1) The Supreme Court dramatically reduces the punitive damages for the Exxon Valdez oil spill. Message to corporate america: Go crazy!
2) The Supreme Court strikes down the D.C. gun ban and asserts an individual right to own guns. Framer's intent my rear. Do you know what kind of gun they had in 1789? The flintlock musket.
3) The Supreme Court strikes down the "millionaire's amendment" to the campaign finance law. Because some people's speech is more equal than others.
4) The Senate votes to advance the FISA 'reform'. Constitution? What Constitution?
5) Barack Obama takes a dump on the Constitution. To paraphrase him, "Hey, I never said I was a liberal, now did I?"
Um, stop? Please? I need a break.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 1:08 PM
As for #4 at least the senate has not passed the amendment yet... What I read is they have put it off until after the July 4th recess. There is still a tiny glimmer of hope...By Crawlspace, at 10:36 PM