<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

The Least Fun Part of My Job

Wednesday, July 09, 2008
I was originally hired to help write grants. Since then my responsibilities have been expanded into more substantive research areas, but I'm still expected to do all the stuff I used to. What makes this somewhat bizarre is that I don't really know much about the subject matter of the grants - my own research is on totally different topics. Let me tell you, trying to write grants when you know close to zero (and care even less) about the content is...interesting.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 11:55 AM
4 Comments:
  • If you get sick of that, you could always come sell liquor ads for us :-)

    By Blogger repressed librarian, at 10:21 PM  
  • Wow, how does one even do that? Do you interview the requestors of grants? Or try to translate something they've written onto more standard English, and then 'sell' it to the grantors?

    By Blogger Ursa, at 5:53 PM  
  • RL: How much does that pay??

    Usra: Pretty much the second one. And it's extremely aggravating.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 11:08 AM  
  • Oh, it would be mostly commission, you know. So it would depend on how good you were at it :-)

    By Blogger Repressed Librarian, at 11:25 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink