<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Something Not Political

Wednesday, July 02, 2008
I'm capable of that - I swear.

Lately I've been experiencing one of those "what am I doing with myself?" periods, focused principally on my job. Ever since I finished my dissertation, I've been trying to redirect my intellectual energies to what I get paid to do, but so far I haven't had any real luck. While the stuff I'm studying is interesting at one level, it's just not what I'd call stimulating. I just don't care that much. At one level maybe it's good that I'm not emotionally committed to my work - I certainly don't get obsessed about it, or stress out too much. But I see Brazen Hussy and how she's doing work that fascinates her and I feel a bit jealous. I suppose most people just do work for a paycheck, but it certainly isn't much fun. Particularly when you decades more of it to look forward to. Maybe this is just reality, or perhaps I should just stop whining, but I don't know if I can keep doing this for the next 30 years.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 3:14 PM
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink