<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Random Paragraphs of Crap

Thursday, November 27, 2008
I don't think I know how to blog without Bush to kick around. I can do election analysis, and political strategy in a more general sense, but this is a new world we're entering in. I started blogging in 2004. I have no experience with this situation. I'm not alone in this - I expect a lot of political bloggers are going to take time to figure themselves out. Matt Stoller, David Sirota, and Chris Bowers over at Open Left are clearly happier with opposition, and they're gearing up to critique Obama from the left. That's fine. There's a place for that. But I'm not a pure critic, and certainly not a "movement progressive." And I'm not a wonk with specific policy interests like Matt Yglesias or Ezra Klein. What I know is political institutions, and campaign politics. In the former case, we don't know enough to make any judgments about the near future. I'm conent to wait and see what happens. In the latter case, there aren't going to be any major campaigns for 2 years. It's time to be patients and focus on governing, which I'll confess is a mysterious thing. It's been so long since there's been any opportunity to do something good, rather than just trying to stop bad stuff from happening.

So in the meantime I'll write about events that intrigue me, but in the main it's time I think to see what the current group can do. It'll also give me some time to work on that crappy fantasy novel I've been thinking about for the last dozen years or so. Hey, I'm almost done with the first chapter!

Oh, and everybody - have a happy Thanksgiving. Not that I'm going to eat any stupid turkey. Damned bird doesn't taste like anything.....
Posted by Arbitrista @ 4:40 PM
2 Comments:
  • couldn't agree with you more re: turkey....so not good

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  
  • Happy Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger RageyOne, at 10:03 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink