<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Bloggers Can Be More Fun That Blogging

Monday, February 09, 2009
This weekend Brazen Hussy and I traveled to a blogger meet-up with Repressed Librarian, MaggieMay, and ComeBackNikki. It was great fun. There were a lot of laughs but strangely fewer drinks than I had anticipated. The evening's only disappointment was the total failure to find a Karaoke Bar. Ah, well.

For those of you interested in my political musings, I have little to add to the commentary of Paul Krugman with respect to the substance of the stimulus package. It's probably too small, some of the most important provisions (in particular aid to states) were eliminated in the Senate version, and some of the new tax cuts - especially the $15,000 credit for homebuyers - is just absurd. You can't re-inflate a popped balloon. I hope that the bill will come out of conference closer to the House bill, but we'll see. I'm coming to the conclusion that the plethora of veto points in our constitutional system only makes the country governable if the minority isn't crazy. Unfortunately the minority is crazy, so the nation appears to be headed in the same direction as California - fiscal meltdown.

Hold onto your hats.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 4:08 PM
3 Comments:
  • Someday, I am going to party with you guys!!!

    By Blogger Seeking Solace, at 4:42 PM  
  • I went to a party with live-band karaoke last week. But I forgot to learn Ace of Spade and had to simply watch instead... Someday it will happen again, and on that day I will be prepare to success.

    By Blogger Jesse, at 6:47 PM  
  • I promise it will be ALL karaoke next time! You'll curse the day you ever mentioned it to me! :)

    By Blogger comebacknikki, at 1:18 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink