<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Wow that was a fast week

Tuesday, May 12, 2009
I was insanely busy last week trying to put proposals together and then going on a conference, after which I spent a lovely weekend with Brazen Hussy and then returned to rush through ANOTHER proposal, which just went out a few minutes ago. The only thing worse than having to write proposals all the time is knowing most of the are going to get rejected. To make things even more fun, my institution is going through some reforms that more than suggest that I'll be having to help out a whole bunch more people submit proposals. Which I don't like doing. So poo on institutional reforms, I say.

On a cheerier note, one of the projects I've been working on has revived my interest in political science. After my dissertation I was just burned out on the whole subject, but now I'm dusting off old projects I've been letting collect dust. It really would be a shame if I didn't get any publications out of all the work I did on my dissertation.

And my novel is going pretty well too, so that's another good thing. I'm halfway through the fourth chapter already.

I'll write something about politics tomorrow. Maybe.
Posted by Arbitrista @ 3:35 PM
2 Comments:
  • You're at a U? I thought you were working for some candidate person. What happened to him/her, anyway?

    By Blogger Sisyphus, at 10:23 PM  
  • Oh, the campaigning gig was just volunteer work. My candidate won on election night - I thought I posted about it, but maybe I forgot in all the excitement.

    Yes, I do work at a University Research Center. We get federal and state funding, which is one of the reasons I keep the blog anonymous. So yes, I'm a real live academic. I just don't have to grade anything or mess with those pesky undergrads.

    By Blogger Arbitrista, at 8:36 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink