<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

A Promise to Myself

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
If this is true I'm not voting for him. If Obama comes out in support of Simpson-Bowles he'll be supporting the following: artificially capping federal spending as a share of GDP, cuting corporate taxation, reducing the progressivity of the tax code, eliminating in-school interest subsidies for student loans, and increases the social security retirement age and cuts social security benefits. This is an austerity budget, one that would make Harry Truman lose his lunch. I was already leaning against supporting Obama because of his consolidation of Bush foreign and interrogation policies, but this would seal it.

And that goes for anyone else who votes to for that matter in Congress or candidates who express support for it. I don't care if they're running against Sarah Palin or Hitler - that spot on the ballot will be blank. Cause you see, there's already one right-wing party and I don't intend to be the advocate of a "slightly less right-wing party."
Posted by Arbitrista @ 8:56 AM
2 Comments:
  • I'm not sure I understand clearly the Simpson-Bowles plan. But I'm totally with you and your last statement...

    By Blogger Super Babe, at 10:02 AM  
  • I can't even express how much I wish we had a viable candidate to primary that weak fraud.

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 11:51 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink