<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Back At Home

Monday, June 20, 2011
BH is off doing a month-long stint in the field in a faraway western state. Last Thursday and Friday I helped her drive out there. She did most of the driving, but I spotted her when she needed to break - she drives much faster than me! We arrived earlier than we'd originally anticipated and looked forward to a nice relaxing day. After sleeping in we had a pleasant brunch, then went to meet up with her research partner. He suggested that we take a short hike to go see a waterfall that turned into an exhausting 4 hour march up the mountain. The waterfall was pretty, but I was reminded of exactly how old I am. Flying home yesterday took about twelve hours, and I arrived home last night around midnight to two ecstatically happy dogs, four seething cats, and a tortoise and bird too sleepy to care I was home.

So this morning I returned to my very warm office a bit jetlagged and missing my wife already. Only 23 days until I see her again!
Posted by Arbitrista @ 9:02 AM
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink