<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Daring to write another post about grammar

Wednesday, June 29, 2011
I'll take the risk. Evidently the University of Oxford has sold out and abandoned the serial comma. To which I say: boo!
Posted by Arbitrista @ 3:03 PM
1 Comments:
  • I always hated that comma and never used it. It was optional, anyway. Probably because it was ugly and unnecessary. So I say Yay!

    I actually love commas, and would overuse them dreadfully, except I'm anal about not having more than two in a sentence. On rare occasions, I'll slip in a third, but that is absolutely it. However, that often means some re-writing, to stay under my limit.

    But for all my love of commas, I always hated that damned serial one. Well, hate might be too strong a word. I disliked it intensely, though.

    By Blogger Rebecca, at 6:23 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink