<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Eliminating Anonymity To Limit Critique?

Thursday, June 30, 2011
I just noticed that Matt Yglesias has altered his blog so that you have to logged into facebook to comment, which is a great way of stunting criticism. Or maybe I'm just confused about the new system. Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Matt had both a blog I really liked, suggesting we could use a bit more selection by lottery, and a post I really detested claiming that after adjusting for comparative living standards he'd rather live in the U.S. than Germany. I think the point of the metric is that MOST PEOPLE would be better off living in Germany. Come on Matt, I thought you read Rawls! Try using the veil of ignorance and imagine you don't know what your job would be in either country. Then tell me whether higher wages balances out poorer health, higher risk of poverty, higher unemployment, more work, and a GREATER RISK OF BEING DEAD.

Labels:

Posted by Arbitrista @ 4:45 PM
1 Comments:
  • After having lived in both countries as an unemployed person for a couple of months... GERMANY wins... by far!

    By Blogger Super Babe, at 8:41 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink