<$BlogRSDUrl$>                                                                                                                                                                   
The Third Estate
What Is The Third Estate?
 Everything
What Has It Been Until Now In The Political Order?
Nothing
What Does It Want To Be?
Something

Catching Up

Wednesday, July 25, 2012
I haven't been much of a blogger recently (duh), for no good reason other than that I haven't had much to say. The driving impulse for this blog is to comment on politics, rather than to serve as a personal diary or anything. And frankly, contemporary politics is so dispiriting that it's hard to summon up the energy to write about it. I've been taking a personal break from it myself. Although I have every intention of getting involved in the general election, I must say it's quite difficult to pretend that the election is about much more than avoiding immediate catastrophe. Should Obama win re-election, he's almost certain to face a Republican majority in the house, which means another 4 years of stalemate as our country (and planet) continues to circle the drain. Sigh.

In any case, as I've taken a step back from the public domain, my private life has begun to, well, I suppose flourish is the only word I can use. I've gotten involved in Roller Derby, which is great exercise and a surprisingly good way to meet interesting people. I'm part of a real community for the first time in quite a while. I'm finally beginning to find my feet as a professional, and shifting from my old academic field into a new one.

I've also been tinkering with revisions to my first book.As might be expected, the changes are going to be quite extensive, but I think I've worked out how to solve most of the outstanding issues, with the exception of one rather glaring one that has so far stumped me. I suppose it really has been too long since I was an adolescent boy to figure out what would motivate one. Is irritating one's family and mentor sufficient reason for an arrogant 16-year-old to do rather reckless things and to associate with inappropriate people? Hmm, maybe the answer is a lot simpler than I thought.


Posted by Arbitrista @ 9:50 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

:: permalink